The gauntlet has been thrown.
And though I know the battle is already lost, because my favorite video is… well, just really bad, I still have to answer the call. So here you go:
I know, it’s silly. But it has everything!
1. Ghouls and monsters in a decrepit castle
2. Cute boys in fabulous outfits
3. The never-tiresome “My tour bus broke down at night in Transylvania” plot device
4. Sets that I want to live in
5. Lyrics containing the phrase “Backstreet’s back, all right!” on what, I believe, was their first album. That’s some impressive confidence there. It takes balls to humbly present an encore before you’ve even taken the stage.
6. Completely ridiculous hip-hop dance sequence with dancers wearing renaissance garb.
That last item is totally the reason I own “A Knight’s Tale” too. It has nothing to do with Heath Ledger, Rufus Sewell, or Paul Bettany.
Actually, it’s part of my collection of teen movies that feature a completely random “spontaneous” choreographed dance scene in them. The one in “She’s All That” is a personal favorite, though there’s no dearth of options. Somewhere along the line, someone decided that’s what the kids dig. Who am I to argue?
At yet your video, by far, has the most views!!!! (And if you ever want to reenact those hip hop sequences, I’m your girl!)
Reenacting hip hop sequences! YES!